Outpatient treatment Services
Partial Hospitalization Program
Intensive Outpatient Program
To strengthen self-worth and inspire positive change.
Our goal is to empower each person to move to their “best” self, thereby learning new ways to cope with depression, anxiety, chemical dependency, and other symptoms of mental health/behavioral disorders. Our groups and sessions are geared to identify and process underlying causes and to improve quality of life. Through our program participants will learn how to “start over” and ensure that the next time won’t be like the last time.
What is Outpatient Services?
Outpatient Treatment Services at Mayhill Hospital provides group therapy sessions multiple times a week for patients among a therapeutic community of peers and is located in a comfortable and relaxed environment.
- Group Psychotherapy: Focusing on interpersonal communication and expression of feelings.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Focusing on changes that are needed in thought and behavior patterns.
- Mental Health Management: Focusing on health and wellness, goal setting and coping/stress management strategies.
- Expressive Therapy: Focusing on self-expression and self-awareness through alternative forms of expressive media.
- Chemical Dependency: A distinct group focusing on understanding the root cause of addiction and learning effective coping skills to maintain sobriety.
- Medication Management (PHP only)
- Individualized Aftercare Planning
Our groups are designed to provide education and skill building in the areas of (but not limited to):
- Relapse Prevention
- Treatment Compliance
- Assertive Communication
- Coping Skills
- Healthy Boundaries
- Anger Management
- Stress Management
- Healthy Relationships
Outpatient Services includes our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP).
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Intensive group therapy sessions that are offered for 5 hours each weekday for patients who suffer from depression, residual psychosis/delusions, anxiety, and other severe symptoms of mental health disorder that significantly impair their functioning. The program is offered for adult and geriatric patients and is intended to last 2-4 weeks. The program can also be an alternative option for individuals who have a supportive home environment and are compliant with medications and treatment. PHP operates daily Monday through Friday.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Offered for adult and geriatric patients, IOP is a short term outpatient program designed for people experiencing behavioral or emotional difficulties and is intended to last 6-8 weeks. This program can be used as a step down from an inpatient level of care, as well as from PHP. IOP can provide assistance for patients following acute psychiatric treatment to cope with adjusting back to their lives prior to their behavioral and mental health deterioration to prevent further inpatient readmissions. IOP operates Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
For questions regarding Outpatient Services, please call 940-239-3000 and ask for Outpatient Services.